Welcome!

Life is sooooooooooooo busy as a working momma of THREE kids... but, life is also full of so many "little" things...you know, those simple pleasures that really bring so much joy... I'm mostly thinking of the dopey things that my kids say and do that make me laugh... but also the little adventures we have or the day trips that we do... you think you will remember them all, but those memories really do fade over time. I am hoping to sit down once a month (ideally, once a week, but being that I hardly manage one decent shower a week, we'll aim for once a month for now! LOL) to detail those quotable quotes or beautiful little actions (or those not so much) as well as our family activities. I hope you enjoy!! :)

Monday, August 12, 2013

How to Be a Good Friend! :)

So, what do you do when when one of your closest friends decides to open a photography business??!  Volunteer your little family as "perfect" practice for her, duh!  Because, surely, if she can survive two boys and a little rose, then she can conquer anything, right??!

In case you thought
I was kidding!!
Mrs. Jones, as the kids know her, just plain Nikki (now of Nikki Lee Photography... check out her website here... www.photographybynikkilee.com ) to me has been a friend for many years now, but turned dear friend over the last couple, especially after she was Patrick's first grade teacher.  She had a knack for photography then... most notably, back then (and, to be real, sometimes even still) Patrick had the GOOFIEST, most UNNATURAL smile known to mankind, but behind Nikki's lens?


He was a SUPER model with his gorgeous bluish-green eyes and a smile to match.  It was a challenge to her to capture his genuine smile and then became a joke between us as she would find me in the halls to sing "nah, nah, nah, boo, boo once she had... well, not QUITE, but pretty close!! ;)

I mean, SERIOUSLY!?!



So, here is our VIDEO!!

http://photographynikkilee.blogspot.com/2013/07/lennox-family-slide-show.html (or rather the link to the blog where Nikki uploaded our video... won't upload here directly and I'm too lazy to fight with it!!)

We also have our own blog post, plus are featured in a few others because we are great entertainment for Nikki over the summer!!  Check them out:






So, umm, yes... after all that, I'm sure you'll agree!  There are two things for certain:

1.  Nikki is a NATURALLY talented artist who does BEAUTIFUL work.
2.  We have had MORE than our fair share of GORGEOUS pictures this summer.  WAY more!

And, so, in true "How to Be a Good Friend" fashion, if you're on FB, please like her page https://www.facebook.com/photographybynikkilee !!!

And, if you're as in love with my family as I am, here is a link to where I have uploaded a majority of the pictures so you can order anything you'd like: http://photos1.walmart.com/walmart/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=10534517001/a=10285240_10285240/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=walmart/

TTFN (Ta, ta, for now for you non-Tigger fans!),
Kimberly (John, two boys, and a little Rose)

P.S.  I'll let you finish with this philosophical question:  In this equation (i.e., above Blog post), WHO is showing How to Be a Good Friend?!  This is a reading comprehension question on your upcoming SOL test (yes, I am getting punchy... it's August and work is on the brain)!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog love <3! I do remember the days of skipping down the hallway singing "na na na na boo boo" or sending you amazing text messages of P on your days off! I've loved having the Lennox crew behind my lens this summer and am happy to given you the dilemma of which pictures to print. You have a beautiful family. I adore your children and treasure our friendship. Over the years you've become one of my truest friends who I can count on for anything and I value that more than you know. <3

    ReplyDelete