|December 1, 2012|
|Piggy, a regular member of |
our family, has to check this
thing out, too!
|How did he get up there??! |
(And, yes, these boys, dress QUITE
differently, yet sleep not only
in the same house, but the same room)
|Umm, seriously??! |
How did he get up there? Anyone?
|12/2/12 Christopher has |
|What did he DO with that pink|
|This one was fun for mommy! :)|
|And, yes, I did redo her heart after|
I reviewed the film...LOL... it was
dark and she had stirred...
The elf is reading Ryan's book
(it is most fun to mess with Ryan...
afraid of Patrick- what would he do
if Christopher was on the toaster and
P then couldn't have pancakes for
|12/4/12 Clearly wasn't feeling|
it Monday night... this was like
something he would have done
last year... now, if he'd been
hogging the remote...
My spin on the "Gone Fishin'" idea.
Patrick was VERY worried that
Christopher was within reach! LOL
He replaced our stockings with
STOCKINGS! Ryan about
died... "Santa said he was
a funny guy."
|Patrick figures he's about to wake|
up with a peanut on his nose
(a story Santa shared with him
when the boys were telling Santa
what our crazy elf had been up to)!
|Who's drew on our pictures?|
|Ryan's, fittingly, says,|
(Katy's one-track mind)
|Katy is too busy|
to care! ;)
|HA! Take TWO!|
Revlon Colorstay Lipstick! ;)
|Dreaming of Elf Antics!|
|NACKS! (Fruit snacks,|
|Can you believe this guy??!|
|Will there be a peanut on my|
|I do believe the look is saying,|
"Quit taking pictures and DO
SOMETHING... this isn't
coming off..." (What he doesn't
realize is that after the ... comes "like
the pink marker did")! ;)
|Patrick, in actuality, is NOT|
|Now look what he did!!|
|He got our UNDERWEAR|
(Ryan was particularly amused
by this... he's in that "potty"
Ryan stuck around in awe
for awhile! :)
Chris borrows Ryan's home made
snow and our marshmallows
to make a buddy!
|Patrick was most concerned by his|
use of the Super V box... did he drink
the juice, too??! ;)
Christopher borrow's P's
|Load 'em up!|
|Patrick was going to|
play with those today!
|Patrick, the schmuck, was quick|
to point out that he'd set it
up wrong... right in front of my face...
what nerve! :-P Might have to
get the lipstick out again!
|Place holder for 12/12/12|
Elf was in the car... pic is on my
phone... emailed to Yahoo, but slow
coming thru... to lazy to get the cord
to download directly... stay tuned
and enjoy this cute pic until then!
Chris and his friends do an Elmo puzzle!
|Ryan was REALLY concerned that|
Katy was going to touch him...
Katy didn't even go near him!
Christopher Popinkins is out in the
|Ryan greeted him!|
|Patrick was very concerned that he|
was cold (he thinks all THINGS have
feelings, too... been watching too
much Toy Story)!
|At least he has a blanket!|
|Yes, that is a wipe in Katy's hand.|
No, we did not give her this idea...
She did this all unprompted...
John couldn't be more proud!
|12/15/12 Christopher TP's the|
|LOOK! There he is!|
|12/16/12 Our Elf tries to hijack our|
pirate ship for an impromptu trip
to the North Pole
That's right!! VIDEO!! Sometimes pictures just can't capture it the way a front row seat can. Yes, biased mommy, but my kids are so darn cute! ;)
|Thank goodness for no|
middle of the night bathroom
|Lego Batman & Robin, the Police|
Chief, and Mommy think CP
needs to chill for the night! ;)
|12/19/12 Christopher uses some of|
Ryan's "Small Moment" paper
to record his own small moment!
What an artist CP is! LOL
|12/20/12 CP reads a Christmas book|
with Lamby and Beckett (he snuck
them out of the boys' beds)...
Patrick was NOT pleased!
|Mommy luckily overhears a|
conversation between Ryan and
CP to bring 12/21/12's prank!
|12/21/12 You want peanuts?!|
|Yes, I have the light on and am|
taking pictures... my kids are DEEP
|Midnight Snack (see Elf Debacle #5)|
|He'll love this pic when he is older! ;)|
Only 3 more days!
|Dude, seriously, the elf is tired|
and a REAL spa day is in order!
Who needs Pinterest?
I've been playing an elf all
month!! Last big day? A
Scavenger Hunt! NY Grandma
and Grandpa show up with the
first clue! :)
|Clues are riddles that, when answered,|
lead the kids to one of CP's haunts and
the next clue!
|Ryan will NEVER forget|
|Group Picture! ;)|
|Led to a Gingerbread Village kit!|
|Kids get right to work (with NY|
Grandma & Grandpa)
|YES! The END! 12/24/12 |
CP is GONE, but leaves gifts
for the kids!
|A happy ending!!|
2012 Elf Debacles
1. Friday night 11/30/12 Kimberly, tired after a four day work week and a nice glass of wine, says to John at bedtime, "Oh, the stupid (sorry, Christopher!) elf!" John says, "Just wait until tomorrow... tomorrow is December 1st". K & J proceed to go to bed... Early the next morning (as in before 7), John nicely gets up with the kids only to return to the room, in horror, moments later to share that the kids are FEVERISHLY looking for stupid (again, sorry, Christopher!) said elf. Somehow this was Kimberly's problem... Although there really is no "I" in team and we somehow managed to get him out w/o our cover being blown!
2. Sunday morning, 5:30a.m., conversation overheard between Patrick and Ryan (well, more like a Ryan-monologue that Patrick was subjected to by nature of his bed's location)... "How did he get up there?" "He's got my marker." "How did he get my marker?" "How did he get my marker AND wrap the chain around his leg?" Mental.Note.To.Self: Don't put the stupid elf (again, sorry, Christopher, but, in my defense it WAS before 6 A.M. on a Sunday morning!) doing antics in the boys' room!!!
3. OKAY! So, I was incredibly pleased with myself that I had managed to write on all three kids (pink hearts) without anyone waking up (I did have to abort the mission in Katy's room, initially, after she stirred, but I'm not too worried about her, she doesn't speak... well, enough to convey that Popinkins is really ME, anyway!) and hung him up with the evidence in his hands (see 2012 Elf Debacle #2)... Boy was I annoyed when I woke up (yes, the second time, after fussing at the boys that they'd BETTER go back to sleep!) to discover that my hearts were G-O-N-E! Stupid.Washable.Marker.... not ONE survived... I had gone easy (pink, washable, marker) since we were going to go see Santa that day and I wanted to be able to get the evidence off (although, upon reflection, it would have made for an especially CUTE pic with Santa... hmmm.... maybe next year) before the picture. I have learned, though... THIS weekend we will do something more permanent (hopefully not TOO permanent!) and Christopher will SURELY not be hanging in their room with the evidence (he will be in the Rose's room... she won't make such a fuss)! ;)
4. So, not a debacle, but a COULD-HAVE-BEEN debacle... Today (I'm updating on 12/14) the boys were standing around the sliding glass door to the deck discussing the frost on Chris' hat. They were wondering if they should bring him in...wasn't that the right thing to do? They were adorable with questions like, "What if we touch him?" "What if he falls?" Actually, the "What if he falls?" might have been the question in MY head as I offered to try to bring him in... I was trying to recall how well I'd wedged him into the pot...LOL... As I unlocked the door, the boys decided that it wasn't worth the risk--he had the blanket, after all... In fact, Patrick BOLTED from the room for cover, wanting NO part of a situation that he knew, surely, was WRONG... LOL (May he always be this way when around his peers 8 to 10 years from now!)... In any event, we DIDN'T risk him... I'm off, Part II, heading off to TP their toy room, compliments of the elf!! ;)
5. Stupid elf! I overheard Ryan asking Christopher Popinkins to leave a peanut on his nose (the Santa we visited at the mall told him about an elf who once did this). So, I had to do it, no?? Couldn't really pull off on his nose, so we put some in each of their beds and left a trail from their beds up to where Christopher was with the rest of the bag. The unplanned event?! I hear Ryan go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. When he gets back to his room (after not washing, I might add, but, hey, if a 5 year old hits the head at midnight and no one is around, must he really wash his hands?!), I hear, "Patrick, PATRICK!!" and then a whole conversation ensues regarding the peanuts and Christopher. I roll over thinking it would surely die down on its' own... ya, no... Had to drag myself out of my stupid bed to go talk to those stupid kids regarding the stupid elf and his stupid peanuts. Not a big fan of leaving my warm, toasty bed in the morning, let alone in the middle of the night to wrestle kids back to bed. I know, I know, I will SURELY one day look back on this moment and chuckle, missing these days as I am well-rested, laying on a beach somewhere warm, with a drink in one hand, a book in another, and not a care in the world. But today? Well, okay, I did, secretly, chuckle... don't tell... I had to play the cranky mommy role! ;)
My plan is to update weekly! So, check back for more pictures (and hopefully a simple list of three 2012 Elf Debacles)... I'm enjoying my new camera... a great incentive to bring me back!!!!
<3 Kimberly (John, Two Boys, & the Little Rose)
P.S. It came to my attention today, when posting about our elf on FB, that not everyone knows what an elf is... if this is you, here was my posted back answer (oh, cool, I'm quoting MYSELF...lol...): "Santa sends him from the North Pole in December to watch over the kids in your house... Each day he appears somewhere else in the house... He's a magical elf, so you can't touch him or he'll lose all his power and have to go back to the North Pole... This year, the thing seems to be to have him do little pranks around the house... Today he took down our stockings and hung up our socks instead... He is a trickster for sure!" Now, go back and read my post again... it will make more sense!! ;)